Valentines day is finally coming around again, and I’m so excited to make a new, delicious recipe for my friends! This year, more thanks to laurenconrad.com, I have decided to make these adorable, chic donuts that are easy and perfect for preparing for that special someone in your life-whether it’s a friend, yourself, a boyfriend/girlfriend, or family! The simple recipe is listed below:
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- heart cookie cutter
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- spray coconut oil
- Heat the milk and butter up on stove until it is warm-100 to 110 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, stick your finger in the melted butter/milk mixture and just heat until lightly warm to touch. Stir the sugar in, and then stir in the yeast. Let sit for about 5 minutes until it is foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl fitted with a hook attachment, add in your flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add in eggs and foamy milk mixtures.
- Beat on medium speed with a dough hook, for 5-8 minutes, until the dough is soft . The batter should still be fairly sticky. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough by hand until it forms a smooth sphere. Add your ball of dough to a large, oiled bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap , and let rise for about an area, or until it is about double the size it originally was
- Turn your risen dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly roll out your dough to about ¾. Cut dough out with your favorite heart cookie cutters.
- Spray a parchment lined baking sheet with cooking spray oil. Place the cut out hearts onto baking sheet, spacing them about at least 2″ apart. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Remove plastic wrap from your baking sheet, and bake donuts for around 10 minutes, until they are a nice golden brown. Your baking time will vary, depending on the size cookie cutter you have,
- Whisk sugar and cinnamon together in a medium size bowl. Taking one baked donut at a time, lather the surface of the donut with coconut oil. Add a pinch of cinnamon for flavor if wanted and shake until it looks like the image. Repeat these steps for each donut you made
Sorry I didn’t post much this week! I hope to compete my entire first chapter of In the Eyes of an Adolescent soon! And sorry about the irrelevant pic….wordpress was being weird tonight…
With deep love and passion in each word I write,