Through the good and bad situations we go through as teenagers, there is always a quote that will lift up our hearts and allow us to keep thriving. Some lift us up when we need the comfort, while others just allow us to recognize that we’re not alone. Whether you’re experiencing romantic, beauty, career, or other common struggles as you grow up, there is a quote for nearly each one. I did my best to find the source for these quotes, but most of them were identified as anonymous.
- ” I stopped explaining myself when I realized people only understand from their level of perception.” Every time I pour out my emotions to a family member or friend, I never receive the response I was expecting. In a lot of ways, others don’t care about another’s problems (especially stubborn teens). However, we have to learn to accept the best response our peers can give, for everyone has a different thinking process. If you think deeply, you might understand that the unknown being who conceptualized this concept is also implying that we can’t expect too much from one another. No one will ever be pleased with their response, but others generally do the best the can for one another if they care.
- “The smartest thing a woman can ever learn is to never need a man.” As much as I adore the concept of true love, as teenagers we don’t even really understand ourselves. How can we understand how we feel for one another if we have a hard enough time understanding ourselves? Although we can sometimes understand when we are truly in love at a young age, we still can’t spend our entire lifetime awaiting the perfect man to complete our lives. For the time being, we have to learn to live a little. Depending on what we perceive as young love distracts us from pursuing our hobbies while we are still under our parent’s rules.
- “It’s okay to be a glow stick. Sometimes we have to break before we shine.” When I read this quote, I was immediately inspired by it’s deep meaning beyond the simplicity of it’s metaphorical reference. However, I believe everyone perceives this quote in a different way depending on their situation.
- “Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.”
This quote leads up to the first quote listed in this post. We must choose wisely who we choose to pour out emotions to for advice. Sometimes, people may think of you differently. This may be in a possibly negative way, and this may lead to gossiping or others quickly learning your secrets. Sometimes, its best that even some of our closest friends don’t know about how you feel towards a certain topic.
- “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” Every teenager needs to hear this quote. We shouldn’t allow the roaring fires within our environment get the best of us. We may think that some situations are worth no longer living, but we have to remind ourselves that we can overcome them.
- “Don’t trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar.” Especially as we get older, we tend to over/underestimate according to their appearance. Often times, we label people by whether they wear makeup, what they choose to wear, and how they style their hair. We have to remind ourselves that some of the most beautiful people we may know might be horrible people inside that will significantly affect how we act towards others as well.
- “Maybe it won’t work out, but maybe if it does it will become the best adventure ever.”
- “If you stumble, make it apart of the dance.” Knowing me, one of these quotes was destined to be related to dance. By first glance, this quote may seem like stereotypical dance advice, but maybe there’s a more complex meaning to it that will inspire some who aren’t even dancers…
- ” To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek him the greatest adventure; the greatest human achievement.” – St Augustine of Hippo Many of you may not be religious, but I personally find that finding faith through Jesus Chrsit is the easiest way overall to survive the most difficult siz years of your life.
- ” You never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it is a choice.” – Lauren Katherine Conrad Lauren Conrad. I see her as the most influential writer, beauty guru, and person overall. Her knowledge is so inspirational for all. As a teenager, I find her the best base to start receiving information from.
With deep love and passion in each word I write,